This past week held a few milestones for me. Some of of the tasks worked well and some were a bit of a fail. Either way, in taking these tasks on I’ve learned quite a lot and grown even more confident in what I can accomplish.
- Drove on my own for 1000km over the course of 6 days. To Perth and Back and then to Geraldton and Back. My solo venturing for longer distances is giving me this sense of freedom and adventure that I really love!
- I picked up a large table and 6 chairs from Perth with Wesley. Strapping the set on and driving 6 hours was a huge day but so worth the adventure! At one point I had zero battery on my phone (no charger despite topping it to 100%) and it felt like I was in mission impossible driving up the highway wondering if I was going to find the house before the battery died. It made for an exciting last 25 minute stretch of road.
- I removed a screen door from the front of the house and then helped Mike me install the new door and lock.
- Caught a photo of a baby mulga.
- Fertilised the lawn with organic lawn feed – but completely over measured and put the entire bag onto the grass (despite using a scale to weigh out a small portion). The good news – we hope is that organic fertiliser is a lot less likely to burn your grass/garden as it’s slow release. Fingers crossed!
- Strapped on a screen door and drive 4 hours to bring it home. When I undid the strapping it had sadly been punctured through the box as I’d strapped it too hard!
- We dug in and installed a brand new line of sprinklers which will seal off the grass in our yard to fill in the edging.
- Tomorrow Mike is going to attempt to harvest his first ever batch of honey from his 5 hives that have been placed on a farm 20km up the road in a dense patch of Red Gum Trees.
Wesley has had some firsts here too! His past few weeks the words have been spilling out and he’s starting to connect two words together now. Here are some of the latest words:
Blue, Blue Fish, Eyes, Nose, Hair, Up, Down, Shiny, Yellow, 1,2,3 Down, Yah, Bye Bye Daddy, Roll, Frog.
We have some ongoing projects at the house at the moment, one of them I work on each week Mike is away – and that involves painting the trim and doors of the interior of the home. That’s really freshening up the decor, I love seeing it all come together. The project is taking a while but I am enjoying taking the time to put love into each project.
Till next time!