The past few weeks there have been a number of special little moments that have made me smile and laugh with Wesley around the home and beyond. Here are a few of them:
- He loves crabs and sharks and well basically all sea creatures. I was cooking dinner when I felt a little hand sort of pluck the material on my pants. I looked down to see Wesley wearing the red oven mitt. He looked up at me and said “craaaaab” which was adorable and so funny. He loves the mean crab from moana and sort of sings along with the song whenever it gets the part where he says “shineeeey”.
- I saw he was about to play with our heater, when I called for him to stop he held a rag at the wall and pretended he was washing the wall instead.
- We’ve discovered an area in the woods that has a really cool dirt hill (almost like a bmx set up) and so were scrambling around on it yesterday. When we were just about to walk back to the car I nearly stepped on this blue mouse spider (related to the dreaded Sydney funnel web!). Gingerly I tucked it into an envelope and brought it home for identification and photographs. The experts are looking at it right now and will be back with more info soon! The blue colouring is exquisite.
- We’ve joined a playgroup in Jurien bay which is about 45 minutes away – there are so many kids. It’s been awesome meeting new people.
- Wesley is ever adventurous but there have been a few moments in the past week when he comes back and seeks cuddles. He’s also given a few kisses (of free will) and that just melts my heart.
- We read an illustrated compendium of the sea and he’s nearly memorised the names of all the sea creatures. He’s really that into the ocean!
- It was wee mans first ever time out in the rain to splash in puddles and he took to it so quickly! We were both soaked by the end! It was so much fun.
- The freaky looking (and ugly) mantis creature is actually not a mantis at all. Crazy right? After some investigating and eventually emailing a scientist friend – it was discovered that this thing is called a mantis fly.
- Wesley loved running naked in the garden beds after his bath a couple of weeks ago as the full moon was rising. It was such a warm night so we all sat in the grass enjoying the view. Tom was with us again for the night too!